Health Insurance Information
The Open Enrollment Period for 2017 is November 1, 2016 — January 31, 2017
What is Open Enrollment? Open Enrollment is the annual time period when you can apply for health insurance.
What If I Miss the Open Enrollment Deadline to Apply for Health Insurance?
- You can enroll in Medicaid and the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) any time of year.
- You may qualify for a Special Enrollment Period. See if you qualify.
If you would like to speak with a Certified Application Counselor about health insurance options or need help applying for health insurance, email email@example.com or call 617-533-2284 (Boston), 508-778-5498 (Plymouth) or 508-778-5435 (Cape Cod). You can also visit any one of our health centers located in Boston, Plymouth and Cape Cod to meet with a Certified Application Counselor!
What to Bring to Your Appointment
- Proof of Income: Two pay stubs for each job or letter from Unemployment, If Self Employed: most recent tax forms including Schedule C, Proof of rental income, Proof of Child Support or Alimony.
- Proof of Identity: Driver’s License, Massachusetts I.D., Military I.D., School I.D., Adoption Papers
- Proof of Citizenship or Immigration Status: Birth Certificate, Passport, Certificate of Naturalization or Green Card
- Social Security Number (If you have one)
New Report Details Impact of the Affordable Care Act (click here)
Use the links below to research important health insurance information, and how to select a plan and apply for health insurance: