HIV/AIDS Medical Care & Social Services
Harbor Health’s Community Programs Department serves individuals living with HIV/AIDS from Dorchester, Mattapan, Quincy, Roxbury, Jamaica Plain, Milton and other south shore communities. Although the majority of patients are located within these cities and towns we accept any new patient regardless of where they live!
Our HIV program provides both medical as well as support services. The medical services are designed on a multidisciplinary team based approach consisting of an Infectious Disease Specialist, Primary Care Physician, Nurse Practitioner specializing in HIV/AIDS, clinical pharmacist, clinical psychologist, a clinical psychiatric nurse practioner, dietician, nurses and case managers. All of our medical providers work together to provide the best treatment possible for all of our patients. In addition each patient is assigned a case manager. The service coordinator will assist the patient with signing up for medical appointments, providing referrals, public benefit counseling and enrollment, housing assistance as well as transportation assistance.
The HIV program is run out of both Neponset Health Center and Geiger Gibson Community Health Center with select services offered at Harbor Community Health Center- Hyannis*. The Community Programs’ staff work out of both sites to ensure that patients are receiving accessible, high quality care. The below services are provided to our HIV/AIDS patients at both the Neponset Health Center and Geiger Gibson Community Health Center.
- Primary Care (Neponset Health Center Only)
- Same Day Access (Geiger Gibson Community Health Center only)
- Dental Care (Geiger Gibson Community Health Center and Harbor Community Health Center-Hyannis*)
- Infectious Disease Specialist
- Eye Care
- Pharmacy Services including an on-site retail pharmacy and clinical pharmacy
- Substance Abuse Counseling
- Behavioral Health
- Suboxone Treatment (Geiger Gibson Community Health Center only)
- Nutrition Counseling: Food pantry is on site and available every Tuesday as well as on an emergency basis and in some cases food vouchers can be offered to our clients in addition to Transportation Assistance (Neponset Health Center)
- HIV and STD Counseling and Testing (Neponset Health Center and Harbor Community Health Center-Hyannis*)
If you have any questions about these programs please contact the Community Programs Department at (617) 533-2213 or call the HIV Hotline at (617) 533-2236
If you would like to make an appointment please contact the health center of your choice. Both the Geiger Gibson Community Health Center and the Neponset Health Center can take new medical patients with 2 weeks and new dental patients within 4 weeks at the Geiger Gibson Community Health Center.