Community Health Center Patient Rights & Responsibilites
Your Rights as a Patient of Harbor Health Services, Inc.
CLICK HERE FOR OUR NOTICE OF PATIENTS PRIVACY RIGHTS
- You have the right to inspect, copy, amend, and/or restrict use of your PHI (Protected healthcare information which is your medical record information).
- Your Physician is not required to agree to allow access, accept a request for an amendment or restriction that you may request especially if the Physician believes disclosure of PHI could put a patient in harms way. Reasons as to request denial will be provided to you in writing.
- If your Physician agrees to a requested restriction, we may not use or release your PHI unless it is an emergency situation.
- There may be a charge imposed on you for the copying of records as allowed by state law.
- You may not copy the follow records; psychotherapy notes; information complied in reasonable anticipation of, or use in, a civil, criminal, or administrative action or proceeding, and PHI that is subject to law that prohibits access to PHI.
- You have the right to request to receive confidential information from us by alternative means or at an alternative location.
- You may receive an accounting of certain disclosures we have made, if any, of your PHI that occured after April 14, 2003 for purposes other than treatment, payment, or healthcare operations. It excludes disclosure we may have made to you, for a facility directory, to authorize family members or friends involved in your care, or for notification purposes. Please see our Privacy Officer for more details.
- You have a right to receive a paper copy of this notice if this was sent to you electronically.
- Complaints may be made to us or to the Secretart of Health and Human Services if you believe your privacy rights have been violated by us. You may file a complaint with us by notifying our privacay officer of your complaint. We will not retaliate against you for filing a complaint. You may contact our Privacy Officer at:
Neponset Health Center
Geiger Gibson Community Health Center
Ellen Jones Community Dental Center
Harbor Community Health Center- Hyannis
Harbor Community Health Center-Plymouth
Elder Service Plan
Your Responsibilities as a Patient of Harbor Health Services, Inc.
- Treat staff with respect, consideration and dignity.
- Provide complete and accurate information about your current and past state of health, including past illnesses, hospitalizations and the medications you are taking.
- Talk to us about your pain and options for minimizing it.
- Ask questions when you do not understand what we are saying or asking you to do.
- Inform us if you perceive there may be a problem with your care.
- Inform us immediately if you believe your rights have been violated, to express grievances, or to offer suggestions.
- Assist our health center in providing a safe environment by sharing your observations if you perceive unsafe conditions or practices.
- Collaborate with medical and nursing staff to make a plan for tests and treatments with the goal of being as healthy as possible, and understand that your health may worsen if you choose not to follow a provider’s recommendation.
- Follow the plan of treatment as discussed and recommended by the health professional and assume responsibility if you refuse treatment or do not follow the plan.
- Pay all financial costs relating to your care in a timely manner, this includes co-pays at the time of visit.
- Keep your appointment or cancel it at least twenty four hours