Ways to Give
Your Donation Makes a Difference
Harbor Health provides access to medical, social and behavioral health services to anyone in the communities served and beyond. Our philanthropic opportunities are directly tied to Harbor Health’s mission, vision and strategic goals.
The Harbor Health’s community health centers provide many vital, non reimbursable services to individuals and their families living in many under served areas. The Harbor’s Elder Service Plan enables close to 300 frail elders to remain safely, and with dignity, in their community. We rely upon the generosity of individuals, corporate sponsors, local businesses, and other giving organizations to help us narrow the gap between the demand for services and programs, and our resources.
As you consider making a donation, think of the following:
- A gift of $150.00 can underwrite a medical visit for an under-served child.
- A gift of $1,800.00 can go toward the purchase of an electronic tablet which will enable a clinician to safely and efficiently provide patient care.
- A gift of $5,000.00 can underwrite health information technologies training for front desk staff or a financial counselor working towards providing access to coverage and needed health services.
- A gift of $15,000.00 can build an examination room for a frail elder.
You can make a gift in one of the following ways:
- Corporate Sponsorship
- In-Kind Donations
We can only accept unrestricted donations at this time. Cash donations should be made payable to Harbor Health Service, Inc., 1135 Morton Street, Mattapan, MA 02126. Please include the word “donation” on the check. Harbor Health Services, Inc. is a 501c-(3) organization, eligible to receive charitable contributions.
Corporate Sponsorship Donations
Harbor Health organizes and participates in a number of community and fund raising events every year. We invite you to become a sponsor, adopt one of our philanthropic initiatives in your workplace and even participate in one of our events. Corporate sponsorships are a great way to promote your organization and be recognized as a socially responsible entity.
Please consider bringing the following events to your workplace:
- Sock Collection Drive: During the months of September and October, drop off new warm socks, any size and all donations will be sent to Boston Health Care for the Homeless. To participate call the Corporate Executive Secretary at (617) 533-2352.
- Coats for Kids Collection Drive: sponsored by Anton’s Cleaners; During the months of October and November, drop off good, quality, warm wearable kids, adult and baby sized winter coats. To participate please call Corporate Executive Secretary at (617) 533-2352.
- Giving Tree Gift Drive: Help our Community Health Center to provide gifts for many of our young patients at Christmas. Stop by any of our community health centers during the months of October and November to receive a list of requests for toys and warm cloths for kids and youth. All donations will be given to needy families under our care. To participate please call Corporate Executive Secretary at (617) 533-2352.
For an updated calendar of events and to explore event sponsorship opportunities please call Director of Marketing at (617) 533-2212.
In Kind Donations
Gently Used Books for Kids
Your donation of age appropriate books to our Family Medicine and Pediatrics departments, will make visiting the “doctor’s office” a positive experience and promote “love for reading” as our young patients will be encouraged to take the books home to read. For more information, please contact the Pediatric Clinical Nurse Manager (617) 282-3200.
Movie Tickets to benefit the Youth Peer Leadership project. For more information, please contact the Dorchester Substance Abuse Coalition Coordinator (617) 533-2234.
Gift certificates to grocery stores to benefit patients living with HIV. For more information, please contact Director of Community Programs (617) 533-2213.