Ways to Give
Your Donation Makes a Difference
Harbor Health provides access to medical, social and behavioral health services to our neighbors in the communities we serve and beyond. Our philanthropic opportunities are directly tied to Harbor Health’s mission, vision and strategic goals.
Our community health centers providing many vital, non-reimbursable services to individuals and their families living in under-served areas. Harbor Health’s Elder Service Plan enables close to 300 frail elders to remain living in their own homes while recieiving essential care. We rely upon the generosity of individuals, corporate sponsors, local businesses, and other giving organizations to help us narrow the gap between the demand for services and programs, and our resources.
As you consider making a donation, think of the following:
- A gift of $150.00 can underwrite a medical visit for an under-served child.
- A gift of $1,800.00 can go toward the purchase of an electronic tablet which will enable a clinician to safely and efficiently provide patient care.
- A gift of $5,000.00 can underwrite health information technologies training for front desk staff or a financial counselor working towards providing access to coverage and needed health services.
- A gift of $15,000.00 can build an examination room for a frail elder.
You can make a gift in one of the following ways:
- Corporate Sponsorship
- In-Kind Donations
We can only accept unrestricted donations at this time. Cash donations should be made payable to Harbor Health Service, Inc., 1135 Morton Street, Mattapan, MA 02126. Please include the word “donation” on the check. Harbor Health Services, Inc. is a 501c-(3) organization, eligible to receive charitable contributions.
Amazon Smile is a “simple and automatic way for you to support your favorite charitable organization.” When using Amazon Smile, 0.5% of your purchase will go towards a charitable organization of your choice at no extra cost to you! Click on the image below, log into your amazon account and shop as your regularly would.
Corporate Sponsorship Donations
Harbor Health organizes and participates in a number of community and fund raising events every year. We invite you to become a sponsor, adopt one of our philanthropic initiatives in your workplace and even participate in one of our events. Corporate sponsorships are a great way to promote your organization and be recognized as a socially responsible entity.
Please consider bringing the following events to your workplace:
- Sock Collection Drive: During the months of September and October, drop off new warm socks of any size and all donations will be sent to Boston Health Care for the Homeless. To participate, call the Corporate Executive Secretary at (617) 533-2352.
- Coats for Kids Collection Drive: Sponsored by Anton’s Cleaners; During the months of October and November, drop off good, quality, warm wearable kids, adult and baby sized winter coats. To participate, please call the Corporate Executive Secretary at (617) 533-2352.
- Giving Tree Gift Drive: Help us provide gifts for our young patients during the holidays. Stop by any of our community health centers during the months of October and November to receive a list of requests for toys and warm clothes for children. All donations will be given to needy families under our care. To participate, please call the Corporate Executive Secretary at (617) 533-2352.
For an updated calendar of events and to explore event sponsorship opportunities please call Director of Marketing at (617) 533-2212.
In Kind Donations
Gently Used Books for Kids
Your donation of age appropriate books to our Family Medicine and Pediatrics departments, will make visiting the “doctor’s office” a positive experience and promote “love for reading” as our young patients will be encouraged to take the books home to read. For more information, please contact the Pediatric Clinical Nurse Manager (617) 282-3200.
Movie Tickets to benefit the Youth Peer Leadership project. For more information, please contact the Dorchester Substance Abuse Coalition Coordinator (617) 533-2234.
Gift certificates to grocery stores to benefit patients living with HIV. For more information, please contact Director of Community Programs (617) 533-2213.