Getting enough nutritious food is essential to your overall health and well-being. Harbor Health supports community programs to make sure you and your family can get affordable healthy food.
The Food Pantry at Harbor Health
All are welcome! The Food Pantry is open to everyone in our community. You do not have to be a Harbor Health patient to come to the Food Pantry.
Pantry clients can attend once per month. Please contact the Food Pantry at 617-533-2228 for more information about our services.
10 Minot Street, Dorchester
Tuesdays: 8:30 am-3:00 pm
Location: 10 Minot Street, Dorchester – just across the street from Daniel Driscoll – Neponset Health Center!
Harbor Community Health Center – Plymouth
The Food Pantry offers access to dry goods and shelf stable foods at Harbor Community Health Center – Plymouth. Please contact Katie Gifford, community health worker, at (508) 778-5449 for more information.
Harbor Community Health Center – Hyannis
- New clients must be present to register. Bring any form of ID with your name on it to register.
- Only 1 client per household can register. Other household members may pick up food.
- Only 1 visit per month. We may not be able to serve you if you visit more than once per month.
- Always bring you Food Pantry card and the card of anyone else for whom you are picking up food.
- No more than 3 cards per client.
- Stay home if you are not feeling well. You may send someone with your card to pick up your food.
- Respect all others in line and Harbor Health staff.
- No cutting the line.
- No saving your spot in line – do not leave items on the ground.
- No arguing.
- No pushing.
- No crowding – only one person allowed at the desk at a time.
If you are disrespectful, you may be removed from the program.
Click the links below to download the Food Pantry Policies.
Support the Food Pantry
We are grateful for support from the Greater Boston Food Bank, Whole Foods Market, Stop & Shop, local businesses, and individuals – you make this important work possible! There are many ways you can support the Food Pantry:
- Make a donation. We rely entirely on donations to provide food to members of our community in need. To donate, visit hhsi.us/donate and select “Food Pantry at Harbor Health” in the drop down menu.
- Donate food. Donations of non-perishable food and personal care items are welcome! Please call us first at 617-533-2228 to arrange a drop-off time or purchase something from our Amazon Wishlist. Please check to see if the food you are donating is expired – we do not except expired items!
- Volunteer. If you are interested in volunteering, please click here to complete our sign-up survey or call us at 617-533-2228 for more information about volunteering.
Fresh Truck, Dorchester
The Fresh Truck’s schedule includes a stop at Daniel Driscoll – Neponset Health Center on Tuesdays, 9:30 AM – 12:00 PM.
The Fresh Truck is now offering weekly open air markets to provide fresh and affordable fruits and vegetables.
SNAP Application Assistance, Dorchester, Plymouth, Hyannis
To make sure everyone in our community can get enough healthy, nutritious food for themselves and all the members of their family, Harbor Health and the Department of Transitional Assistance (DTA) are working together to help you with Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program/SNAP needs at our the health centers!
Our community health workers at our Dorchester, Plymouth, and Hyannis health centers can help anyone in the community who is having trouble paying for food. You do not have to be a Harbor Health patient to make an appointment for help with your SNAP application.
Call to make an appointment!
Dorchester – 617-533-2267
Plymouth – 508-778-5449
Hyannis – 508-778-5413
Women, Infants, and Children Program (WIC), Dorchester
Harbor Health’s Dorchester South/South Boston Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) program also provides support for families that qualify. The WIC team currently offers video and phone appointments to help you learn more and apply for the program.
Call 617-265-4380 for more information about WIC.
Emergency Food Assistance, Hyannis
Available all year to eligible patients at Harbor Community Health Center – Hyannis. Care teams at Harbor Community Health Center – Hyannis can help eligible patients receive grocery store gift cards to purchase food.