National Health Center Week is a week-long event celebrating the work and services Health Centers provide to special populations within their community. See the schedule below for a full calendar of events and days that your local Harbor Health Community Health Center is celebrating:
- Sunday, 8/13: Elected Officials Day
- Monday, 8/14: Health Screenings Day
- Tuesday, 8/15: Public Housing Health Centers Day
- Harbor Health will be hosting a Tai Chi info session and exercise demos from 9 am to 10 am at Keystone Apartment Community at 151 Hallet S. in Dorchester, MA.
- Wednesday, 8/16: Healthcare for the Homeless Day
- Harbor Health will be hosting a sock drive to benefit patients at Duffy Community Health Center in Hyannis, MA. Anyone interested in donating socks can contact Emma McMahon at (508) 778-5402 x6481 or via email at email@example.com.
- Thursday, 8/17: Agricultural Worker Health Day
- Harbor Health will be hosting a fresh food truck event from 3-5 pm outside of Neponset Health Center. Patients and staff will be given $5 food vouchers to purchase fruits and vegetables. There will be 50 vouchers for patients given on first come, first serve basis.
- Friday, 8/18: Consumer Board Member Day
- Saturday, 8/19: Children’s Health Day
Follow us on Twitter and Facebook for health screening tips and to see how we are celebrating within our communities!