Harbor Health’s Elder Service Plan
Our belief at PACE is that older adults with chronic health care needs, and their caregivers, are better served by staying in their homes and communities.
The Harbor Health Elder Service Plan offers a personalized healthcare program provided by our own geriatric professionals, guided by a care plan that is developed and customized for the individual’s needs. Healthcare is coordinated by a team of caring professionals 24 hours a day, seven days a week and 365 days a year so that caregivers can be assured that their loved ones’ medical and social needs are well provided for.
The core of PACE (Program for All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly) is the team approach to caring for a participant’s needs. The Care Team provides comprehensive, well-coordinated, medical care tailored to the participant’s requirements. Meet our team of dedicated geriatric professionals.
What Services Are Covered?
All medical and support services offered by Medicare and Medicaid (Mass Health) are included in PACE, including:
- A Comprehensive Day Center, offering both a traditional and memory-care center. At the PACE Day Center activities are offered in addition to nursing care, behavioral healthcare, physical and occupational therapy, transportation to the center, nutritional meals and dietary counseling.
- Primary-care provided by a PACE Geriatrician and Nurse Practitioner who in conjunction with the Care Teams develops a care plan reflecting the needs and preferences of each participant.
- Prescription drugs, therapies, immunizations and diagnostic testing.
- Behavioral health, counseling and psychiatric services.
- Medical specialties including audiology, dentistry, optometry, podiatry, cardiology.
- End of life care similar to the Medicare Hospice Program.
- Hospital and nursing facility care, both short and long-term.
- When required, home health and personal care.
What Is The Cost?
We accept Medicare, Medicaid (Mass Health), and private pay. All covered PACE healthcare and social support services are covered fully, without a copayment.
For those eligible for Medicaid, there may be a monthly “spend down” due to financial criteria. The private payment or spend down amount is not affected by any change in the participant’s health status. Please talk to the enrollment team about your particular situation.
What Are The Eligibility Criteria?
You might be eligible for the Elder Service Plan if you:
- Are 55 years and older
- Live in the following communities:
- Abington, Attleboro, Avon, Boston, Braintree, Bridgewater, Brockton, Brookline, Canton, Cohasset, Dedham, Duxbury, Easton, East Bridgewater, Foxboro, Halifax, Hanson, Hingham, Hanover, Holbrook, Hull, Kingston, Mansfield, Marshfield, Milton, Newton, Norton, North Attleboro, Norwell, Norwood, Newton, Pembroke, Plymouth, Plympton, Quincy, Randolph, Raynham, Rockland, Scituate, Sharon, Stoughton, Taunton, West Bridgewater, Weymouth, Whitman.
- Have health conditions that would qualify you for “nursing facility care” determined by the state
- Are able to live safely in the community with additional supports
Elder Service Plan (PACE) Service Area
To learn more about Harbor PACE, call (617) 533-2400 or email ESPInfo@hhsi.us.