Welcome to Harbor Health Services, Inc.
Harbor Health Services, Inc.is a nonprofit, public health agency committed to providing quality, comprehensive health care in urban Boston neighborhoods, the South Shore and Cape Cod communities. We provide a wide network of healthcare services to meet the needs of our patients.
Harbor Health owns and operates four community health centers: Geiger Gibson Community Health Center, Harbor Community Health Center-Hyannis, Harbor Community Health Center-Plymouth and Neponset Health Center. These health centers are Health Center Program grantees under 42 U.S.C. 254b, and a deemed Public Health Service employee under 42 U.S.C. 233(g)-(n). In addition, Harbor Health administers the Elder Service Plan, a program providing care to frail elders in their place of residence, the Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) Nutrition Program of Dorchester South and the Ellen Jones Community Dental Center.
Combined, Harbor Health’s community health centers are the Medical Home for more than 26,000 patients and the “family dentist” to an additional 10,000 patients. The Elder Service Plan cares for more than 300 members and Women Infant Children Nutrition Program serves more than 3000 women and their children.
Enroll or Re-Enroll in Health Insurance Now
What is Open Enrollment?
Open Enrollment is the annual time period when you can apply for health insurance. This year’s Open Enrollment Period is November 1, 2016 to January 31, 2017.
What If I Need Help Applying For Health Insurance?
If you would like to speak with a Certified Application Counselor about health insurance options or need help applying for health insurance, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 617-533-2284 (Boston), 508-778-5498 (Plymouth) or 508-778-5435 (Cape Cod). You can also visit any one of our health centers located in Boston, Plymouth and Cape Cod to meet with a Certified Application Counselor!
What to Bring to Your Appointment
- Proof of Income: Two pay stubs for each job or letter from Unemployment, If Self Employed: most recent tax forms including Schedule C, Proof of rental income, Proof of Child Support or Alimony.
- Proof of Identity: Driver’s License, Massachusetts I.D., Military I.D., School I.D., Adoption Papers
- Proof of Citizenship or Immigration Status: Birth Certificate, Passport, Certificate of Naturalization or Green Card
- Social Security Number (If you have one)
We are a Veterans Choice Program Partner
Harbor Health Services, Inc. is proud to be a Veterans Choice Program Partner! Learn more about the Choice Program by visiting www.va.gov/opa/choiceact or call 866-606-8198 to speak with a representative.
Do You Need Health Insurance?
- You can enroll in Medicaid and the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) any time of year.
- You may be eligible to apply with a Special Enrollment Period. See if you qualify.
- Our community health centers in Boston, Plymouth and Hyannis offer free financial counseling and enrollment assistance. Call or visit one of our locations and ask to speak with one of our Certified Application Counselors. Together, we can find an affordable insurance option for you and your family! Also, Visit our Health Insurance Marketplace page for helpful resources!