Welcome to Harbor Health Services, Inc.
Harbor Health Services, Inc.is a nonprofit, public health agency committed to providing quality, comprehensive health care in urban Boston neighborhoods, the South Shore and Cape Cod communities. We provide a wide network of healthcare services to meet the needs of our patients.
Harbor Health owns and operates four community health centers: Geiger Gibson Community Health Center, Harbor Community Health Center-Hyannis, Harbor Community Health Center-Plymouth and Neponset Health Center. These health centers are Health Center Program grantees under 42 U.S.C. 254b, and a deemed Public Health Service employee under 42 U.S.C. 233(g)-(n). In addition, Harbor Health administers the Elder Service Plan, a program providing care to frail elders in their place of residence, the Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) Nutrition Program of Dorchester South and the Ellen Jones Community Dental Center.
Combined, Harbor Health’s community health centers are the Medical Home for more than 26,000 patients and the “family dentist” to an additional 10,000 patients. The Elder Service Plan cares for more than 300 members and Women Infant Children Nutrition Program serves more than 3000 women and their children.
February is National Children’s Dental Health Month
It is important for all children to go to the dentist regularly, every six months, just like adults! Children need to start coming to the dentist around their first birthday. At this visit, parents can expect the dentist to look at the child’s teeth, clean them and apply fluoride. This visit is also important to educate the parents about how often to brush their children’s teeth (twice a day!), when to floss (every night!), and the importance of not going to bed with a bottle or cup of milk or juice. Your child should always go to bed with clean teeth! Read More
Enroll or Re-Enroll in Health Insurance Now
What is Open Enrollment?
Open Enrollment is the annual time period when you can apply for health insurance. This year’s Open Enrollment Period is November 1, 2016 to January 31, 2017.
What If I Need Help Applying For Health Insurance?
If you would like to speak with a Certified Application Counselor about health insurance options or need help applying for health insurance, email email@example.com or call 617-533-2284 (Boston), 508-778-5498 (Plymouth) or 508-778-5435 (Cape Cod). You can also visit any one of our health centers located in Boston, Plymouth and Cape Cod to meet with a Certified Application Counselor!
What to Bring to Your Appointment
- Proof of Income: Two pay stubs for each job or letter from Unemployment, If Self Employed: most recent tax forms including Schedule C, Proof of rental income, Proof of Child Support or Alimony.
- Proof of Identity: Driver’s License, Massachusetts I.D., Military I.D., School I.D., Adoption Papers
- Proof of Citizenship or Immigration Status: Birth Certificate, Passport, Certificate of Naturalization or Green Card
- Social Security Number (If you have one)
Harbor Health Services, Inc. Announces New CEO
Larry Feeney, Chair of the Board of Directors for Harbor Health Services, Inc. has announced that Charles T. (Chuck) Jones, will assume the position of CEO for Harbor on March 1, 2017.
Chuck Jones is currently the CEO of Thundermist Health Center in Rhode Island. Thundermist provides services at three sites in Woonsocket, West Warwick and South County, with administrative offices in Warwick. Chuck joined Thundermist in 2008 as Chief Information Officer and added responsibilities as Executive Director of the Woonsocket center shortly thereafter. In 2011 he was appointed Chief Executive Officer. He serves on the Board of Directors of Neighborhood Health Plan of Rhode Island, the Rhode Island Health Center Association and the Rhode Island Public Expenditures Council.
Prior to joining Thundermist, Chuck spent 9 years focused on technology outsourcing and consulting primarily in the health care industry. He graduated with merit from the U.S. Naval Academy and later earned a Masters of Business Administration from Bentley College. Chuck served for three years in the U.S. Navy as a Surface Warfare Officer with tours in the Middle East, Southeast Asia and many ports on both coasts of the U.S.
Chuck will be succeeding Dan Driscoll who is retiring in March 2017 after 40 years of service at Harbor Health Services.
NOTICE TO PATIENTS ABOUT THE ELECTION RESULTS AND YOUR HEALTH COVERAGE
Some comments made during the recent presidential election have made patients worried about their health coverage.
1) If you are a MassHealth patient , re-enroll now. You will be able to get health coverage! We will tell you about any upcoming changes. Our Community Health Center will continue providing you care.
2) If you get health coverage through the Health Connector, re-enroll now. You will be able to get health coverage! We will tell you about any upcoming changes. Our Community Health Center will continue providing you care.
3) Anybody can receive care at this health center regardless of immigration status.
We are a Veterans Choice Program Partner
Harbor Health Services, Inc. is proud to be a Veterans Choice Program Partner! Learn more about the Choice Program by visiting www.va.gov/opa/choiceact or call 866-606-8198 to speak with a representative.
Do You Need Health Insurance?
- You can enroll in Medicaid and the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) any time of year.
- You may be eligible to apply with a Special Enrollment Period. See if you qualify.
- Our community health centers in Boston, Plymouth and Hyannis offer free financial counseling and enrollment assistance. Call or visit one of our locations and ask to speak with one of our Certified Application Counselors. Together, we can find an affordable insurance option for you and your family! Also, Visit our Health Insurance Marketplace page for helpful resources!