Welcome to Harbor Health Services, Inc.
UPDATE 1/28 CLOSINGS: Ellen Jones Community Dental Center, Harbor Community Health Center-Hyannis and Harbor Community Health Center- Plymouth will be CLOSED TODAY, WEDNESDAY, 1/28.
***ALL OTHER HARBOR LOCATIONS ARE OPEN***CALL 9-1-1 IN CASE OF AN EMERGENCY AND 2-1-1 FOR NON-EMERGENCY HELP AND SHELTER INFO. WATCH FOR UPDATES FROM THE MASSACHUSETTS EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT AGENCY
Harbor Health Services, Inc.is a nonprofit, public health agency committed to providing quality, comprehensive health care in urban Boston neighborhoods, the South Shore and Cape Cod communities. We provide a wide network of healthcare services to meet the needs of our patients. Harbor Health owns and operates four community health centers: Geiger Gibson Community Health Center, Harbor Community Health Center-Hyannis, Harbor Community Health Center-Plymouth and Neponset Health Center. These health centers are Health Center Program grantees under 42 U.S.C. 254b, and a deemed Public Health Service employee under 42 U.S.C. 233(g)-(n). In addition, Harbor Health administers the Elder Service Plan, a program providing care to frail elders in their place of residence, the Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) Nutrition Program of Dorchester South and the Ellen Jones Community Dental Center.
Combined, Harbor Health’s community health centers are the Medical Home for more than 26,000 patients and the “family dentist” to an additional 10,000 patients. The Elder Service Plan cares for more than 300 members and Women Infant Children Nutrition Program serves more than 3000 women and their children.
Harbor Health Services receives funding from US Dept. of Health & Human Services
The 2014 year closed with a significant reward for Community Health Centers. In December, Health and Human Services Secretary Sylvia M. Burwell announced $36.3 million in Affordable Care Act funding to 1,113 health centers in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, and seven U.S. Territories to recognize health center quality improvement achievements and invest in ongoing quality improvement activities.
When Can I Enroll in Health Insurance?
- The Open Enrollment Period for coverage starting in 2015 is November 15, 2014 to February 15, 2015.
- You can enroll in Medicaid and the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) any time of year.
- You may be eligible to apply with a Special Enrollment Period. See if you qualify.
- Our community health centers in Boston, Plymouth and Hyannis offer free financial counseling and enrollment assistance. Call or visit one of our locations and ask to speak with one of our Certified Application Counselors. Together, we can find an affordable insurance option for you and your family! Also, Visit our Health Insurance Marketplace page for helpful resources!
Geiger Gibson Community Health Center and Neponset Health Center both located in Dorchester as well as Harbor Community Health Centers in Plymouth and Hyannis were among a number of community health centers recognized for high levels of quality performance in the following two categories:
Health center quality leaders; Harbor Health’s Community Health Centers were among the top 30 percent of all health centers that achieved the best overall clinical outcomes, demonstrating their ability to focus on quality in all aspects of their clinical operations.
Clinical quality improvers; Harbor Health’s Community Health Centers demonstrated at least a 10 percent improvement in clinical quality measures between 2012 and 2013, showing a significant improvement in the health of the patients they serve.
“We take our responsibility as the family doctor to 27,000 people very seriously” said Daniel Driscoll, President & CEO of Harbor Health Services, Inc. “Our staff believe that the job of improving quality of care is never completely finished. We are always challenging ourselves to do better and promoting that goal through a program of continuous improvement.”
More specifically, Harbor Health’s Community Health Centers compared to State and National benchmarks scored significantly higher in the following clinical areas:
- Access to prenatal care
- Preventative health screenings and access to related services such as tobacco use screening and counseling, cervical and colorectal cancer screenings and follow up, and childhood immunizations
- Chronic Disease Management Clinical Outcomes such as Treatment for Asthma, Cholesterol, Heart Attack and Stroke, control of high blood pressure and Hemoglobin A1c