Caring, Trusted Providers
Finding a provider you trust is very important to managing your HIV.
Our caring providers understand every person has different needs. They make sure you get care and support to lead a healthy life.
- Primary medical care
- HIV provider clinic
- Dental care
- Behavioral healthcare and psychiatry
- Recovery services and medication-assisted treatment
- Testing and laboratory services
- Vision care – Dorchester locations only
- Nutrition services
- HIV Support Services – medical case management, housing, emergency financial assistance
Our Medical Case Management team can help people with HIV make an appointment. Please call (617) 533-2318.
Why Is Treatment Important?
Without treatment, HIV can make you very sick or even cause death. There are treatments that help people with HIV manage the virus. With medical care, you can live a long, healthy life. And protect your partner and others from HIV.
How HIV Is Treated
ART (antiretroviral therapy)
HIV can be managed with antiretroviral therapy (ART). ART is a combination of several medicines. When taken as prescribed, the medicines reduce or eliminate the amount of virus in the body.
How to Get Treated for HIV
Contact Medical Case Management
Today, there are many options for HIV treatment and care. Many hospitals and community health centers offer HIV treatment. Please contact our medical case management team if you need help finding treatment.
Other Treatment Resources
Our Medical Case Management team includes a nurse. The nurse can answer questions about medication and treatment options.
We can also:
- Help you apply for assistance programs to pay for medication
- Get you transportation to the pharmacy and appointments
- Help you with food, rental assistance, and other emergency financial needs you may have
- Connect you with peer support from people living with HIV
Have Questions About HIV Treatment?
Please call Harbor Health’s medical case management team at (617) 533-2318. You can also watch the video below to learn the basics about HIV treatment.