Information for your in-person appointment at Harbor Health
You may have questions about the extra steps Harbor Health is taking to protect patients and staff at the health center.
Your health and well-being is very important to us! We want to share information about the guidelines we follow to keep you healthy at the health center.
What Can I Expect When I Visit the Health Center?
Harbor Health has met state guidelines and follows CDC recommendations for protecting our patients and staff at our health centers.
At all Harbor community health centers, your care team is….
- Checking our temperature and symptoms every day.
- Using personal protective equipment like gloves and masks.
- Cleaning and disinfecting the health center more.
We need your help during your visit so that all our patients and staff stay healthy!
- Have your temperature and symptoms checked when you arrive.
- Wear a face covering.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water.
- Use the hand sanitizer at the health center.
- Do not bring other visitors or guests with you unless you have permission.
Please read our visitor policy for more information.
What Can I Expect If I Have a Dental Appointment?
Our dental care team is also taking added steps to keep all our patients and staff healthy and safe during their visit.
About two days before your appointment….
- We will call you and ask if you have symptoms of COVID-19. Symptoms include fever, cough, and shortness of breath.
Please come 10 minutes before your appointment time and do not bring other visitors or guests with you to your appointment unless you have permission. Please read our visitor policy for more information.
When you arrive….
- Come to the main entrance of the health center.
- Have your temperature and symptoms checked by our greeter when you arrive.
- Wear a face covering. If you do not have a face covering, our greeter will provide you with one to wear while you are inside.
- Follow directions to maintain social distance in the check in and waiting areas.
- Look for members of our dental team to greet you in personal protective equipment for your appointment.
- Rinse with mouthwash when asked before the dental team gets started.
- Complete the COVID informed consent form when our team asks during your visit.
During your appointment….
- We will use equipment and techniques to lower the amount of sprays and splatter.
- Our team will also use extra personal protective equipment.
Our team has added more time in between appointments to completely clean and disinfect the exam room before a patient is seated.
After your visit….
- We will call you 2-4 days after your appointment and ask if you have any symptoms of COVID-19.
Our dental practice follows all Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines. We will closely monitor any additional infection control or personal protection equipment policies coming from the CDC and make the changes necessary to keep everyone safety.
Health and Safety Information For Your Visit
You will find helpful resources below to help plan for your visit. You can find safety tips and information, as well as our visitor policy.
Face Covering Information
What If I Have Symptoms of COVID-19?
Please call your health center BEFORE coming to an in-person appointment IF YOU HAVE ANY OF THE FOLLOWING SYMPTOMS: Fever, breathing difficulty, cough.
For more information about COVID-19, visit hhsi.us/patient-information/coronavirus
If you have any questions or concerns about the steps we are taking at the health center to keep you healthy and safe, please call your health center.